You’re writing yet another essay today! Yay! Last week, you wrote an essay as homework. Then, yesterday, you wrote an in-class essay in a group (and from what I’ve read so far, you guys ROCKED those in-class essays!). Today, you will write an in-class essay individually. How fun!
Prompt: How does Crooks help to communicate a theme of Steinbeck’s novel, Of Mice and Men? Your essay must include the following elements:
- Thesis statement
- Thematic statement
- Textual evidence for every claim
- Analysis for every piece of evidence
- More than three paragraphs
- An introduction and conclusion
As you write, don’t forget to access different resources (but you have very little time to write, so only use the resources if necessary). For your speedy convenience, links to those resources are available below.
- Editable Five-Paragraph Essay Download
- Timed Writing Guidelines
- Writing Thesis Statements
- Writing Thematic Statements
- Embedding Evidence in your Writing
- Writing the Eleven-Sentence Paragraph
- Basic Sentence Structure
You have until the end of the period to write you essay! Ready…set…go!